When it comes to keeping the inside of your truck clean and free of scuffs, then you can’t go wrong with getting the right seat covers.
This truck is one of the most common that you can get on the market, coming with a finely-balanced intelligent design and the ability to carry 14,000 pounds in weight.
So when it comes to seat covers, you’ll need to make sure that you have ones made from very durable materials that will be able to resist the harsh pushing and pulling of being on the seat, as well as dust and first you’ll be tracking into the car.
So where can you find the best F150 seat covers? How much does it cost to buy one? What materials should it be made from?
Well, if you want to get the answers to these questions and a whole lot more, we would suggest you keep reading.
Table of Contents
What Is The Ford F150?
The Ford F-series was a line of trucks that were first manufactured in 1948.
They are light-duty trucks, designed to help you carry anything from gardening equipment to painting and decorating tools.
This is one of the most popular trucks that Ford manufacture, making the company over $41 million in annual sales.
If you need to tow your boat, this is also a great pickup to have. It is made with a solid flatbed that can accommodate even the heaviest-duty equipment.
This will help you with both your payload and your towing capabilities.
This is made from military-grade alloy, which is probably one of the main reasons why this truck can carry upwards of 14,000 pounds.
This truck has become a symbol for the American working class, being something that a lot of manual laborers and handypersons use to take tools and other gear to work.
These trucks can often be seen on the roads in America, from the farmyards to the busy inner cities.
Why Should You Have Seat Covers For Your Ford F150?
When you are buying a vehicle, you might have your eye on one day reselling it for a profit or without losing that much money.
However, if you are going to preserve as much of the vehicle as you can, then you’ll want to make sure it is protected against the harsher elements.
Getting the right cushion covers for your needs will be very important. You’ll need them made from the right materials, whether thick foam padding in the headrest or under the main seat.
It is also important that you make your seats from weatherproof materials.
This will be crucial if you are working outdoors and you don’t want your seats to get wet, as this will cause the fibers to wear down over time.
You’ll also want to make sure that these seats are very easy to store. Sometimes you’ll want to protect the covers as much of the seat, especially if the car is not in use.
You might also have to make room in your truck for a child’s seat, in which case you won’t be able to keep the seat covers on permanently.
UV light can also damage your car seats, discoloring the seats themselves, which will also gradually reduce the value of your car when it comes time to resell it.
You’ll want a seat cover that is custom fitted to your car, which is why you’ll want to be sure that you have something that is specially designed to fit the F150 truck.
The reason is that you won’t want any excess material that could get snagged or caught in the door.
Now that we’ve listed some of the reasons why you might want a seat cover for your truck, we’ll be looking at some of the best seat covers that you can get for your F150 truck.
List Of Best Seat Covers For F150 Truck
First off, we have a set of custom seat covers that will be perfect for all of the seats in your F150. These are custom fitted and extremely resilient to the bumps and scrapes you get with a heavy-duty truck.
These seats are completely water-resistant, which is perfect if you like to take your truck down to the lake to do a little fishing or maybe go out on the boat.
This is also great if you are thinking about tossing your catch into the front seat of your car.
Obviously fish and trout can get pretty slippery and wet, so it will important to protect your seats from fish guts, which can corrode the fibers.
This comes with 3 adjustable headrests, which are great for offering you that superior level of comfort for you and your passengers.
These seat covers are made from duck-weave fabric, which the manufacturers have said will guarantee you at least 2 years of coverage. This is one of the most durable materials that you can find.
These seat covers will keep your seats free from dirt and other spillages. This is great for keeping the overall integrity of your car and hopefully increasing the reselling price.
You can easily install these in your car, which is what will make them very appealing to anyone who is in a rush. Putting on a whole seat cover can sometimes be very difficult, so having seat covers that work with you rather than against you will be very important.
These seats are also easy to clean, all you have to do is put them through the machine and they’ll come out looking brand new. This is also great for anyone looking to save time.
- Great for many hobbies – whether you are going out hunting, fishing or taking the boat out for a spin on the water, this will be able to absorb a lot of sweat, guts and other dirt and grime.
- Easy to set up – this will take you less than 5 minutes to get wrapped around all the seating in your truck, which is great if you are in a hurry.
- Durable – made from solid duck-weave, this car seat cover will be able to withstand even the fiercest of tugging and tearing (great if you have boisterous children!)
- Water-resistant – trucks are often associated with water adventures, so if you are a fan of going for a dip in the water, then you won’t have to worry about ruining your seats.
- Requires frequent upkeep – to stop these covers from degrading, then you’ll have to clean them regularly.
Next up, we have some leather seat covers, which we all know are among some of the most durable materials that you can get on the market.
These seat covers are desirable, with padding that will protect your car from mud, dirt, dust and other stubborn grime.
These seat covers come made from sponge and faux leather, which make a great combination for both comfort and durability.
This comes with ergonomic technology that will keep you upright when you’re driving, preventing you from falling asleep at the wheel.
If you have a truck full of children, eating and drinking food on a long journey, then you can guarantee there’ll be plenty of spillages.
But with these seats, you won’t have to worry about this permanently damaging your seats.
This comes with removable headrests for those who prefer to have that freedom of movement in the head when they are driving.
This comes made with a spongey material that will also help you with circulation and mobility issues that can often be an issue on long-haul drives.
These seats are also compatible with airbags, which is great if you have a more top-of-the-range model of F150. Having this extra safety feature will also give you peace of mind if you are in the car with your family.
These seat covers are also very stylish and will conform with the design of almost any type of car. This is very important if you like to keep the whole of your truck in near mint condition.
- Waterproof – if you are a fan of going near the water, then having seats that will be able to absorb those drips as soon as you get in the car will be crucial in keeping your truck looking pristine.
- Easy to clean – because of the faux-leather design, you can be sure that all you’ll have to do is give them a quick wipe down after you have used them.
- Airbag compatible – these are very compatible with your airbags, which is great if you want this safety feature to work every time.
- Easy to store – if you want to take your seat covers out to air dry them after washing, then these are great. You can also fold them up and easily put them under the seats when not in use.
- Too thin – these seat covers might be slightly more flimsy than some of the other ones on this list, which might make them vulnerable to tearing.
Next up, we have something a little different from the somber black design.
This is definitely for someone who likes using their truck to hunt creatures in the thick green undergrowth. Here we have a camouflaged seat cover.
This is a waterproof design, which is very important if you are like taking your truck to the edge of the lake and you don’t want to have to worry about the kids piling into the car soaking wet.
This is made from tough materials, so you won’t have to worry about them ripping or getting scuffed.
This will be very important for anyone who values the inside of their truck as much as they do the outside.
You can also throw these seat covers in the washing machine and have them cleaned in under an hour. This will mean they’ll be far cleaner than if you were to only wash them by hand.
These come with pockets in the back, which will allow you to store some of your valuables in them.
This is also very handy if you want to keep your phone or tablet device from slipping under the seat and getting broken.
These seat covers will obviously pair well with a truck that is decked out in camouflage itself. If blending in is important – probably if you are a hunter – then you’ll definitely want to pick up these seats.
These seats are made from incredibly durable material and will last you far longer than some of the other seat covers that we have on this list. And the best thing about them is… they’re very affordable!
- Works in electric and manual cars – this is great if you have more than one type of truck yet you want matching seats for both vehicles.
- Plenty of extra storage – with a pocket in the back of your seat cover, these seat covers will give you a lot more storage space.
- Fits well on your seat – you’ll be able to wrap this around your seat with very little issue at all. This is great if you are in a rush and need to throw your gear on the backseat without cleaning it first.
- Foldable – this can be folded up and placed in the back of your truck. This is great if you need to make additional room for more passengers in your car.
- Hard to sew – if you need to redo some of the stitching on these car seat covers, then you can with a lot of ease.
Next up, we’re going back to the traditional leather seat covers, with some of the most stylish that you can currently find on the market.
This is made from padded faux leather, which will pretty much go well with almost any type of F150 vehicle. This is tasteful and elegant and you’d hardly know that you had seat covers on them in the first place.
This comes with a non-slip material that will help keep you in your seat,m even when you’re wet and your vehicle is moving at super speed.
These seats are resistant to water and you can clean them with a hand towel. This is great for getting rid of dog hair without having to use a vacuum cleaner.
These seat covers are easy to slip on and off, which is perfect if you are trying to get from A to B very quickly. You won’t need any sophisticated tools to get your truck completely waterproof.
This comes with a nonslip material, which is very useful if you are going to be driving across rough terrain, which can often cause you to slip down the front of your seat.
You can wash these seat covers and not have to worry about them scratching, which is ideal if you want to reduce the wear and tear that will occur over the years.
Often these scratches can build up and seriously damage your car seat covers.
These seat covers also come with UV protection, which is exactly what you’ll need if you are going to be out in the burning sun all day long. Not a lot of people about the damaging effects of the sun on your car.
This is also the perfect set of chair covers if you have pets. Dogs and cats can easily claw the inside of your car and really do some damage to your seats.
You can resist that by installing these covers.
This also comes with an armrest cover that you can have in the central console. This is great for that added protection on your car.
- Made with a durable sponge – this comes with a thick sponge that you can be sure will protect the bottom of your car from all kinds of damage.
- Comfortable – this car seat padding is extremely comfortable, which will be perfect for giving you great circulation on long-haul journeys.
- Custom fit – this will be ideal for your F150, as these seat covers are designed to fit your seats perfectly. This will stop unseemly crumpling and wrinkling.
- Easy to clean – this is made from faux leather, which is one of the best materials that you can have for resilience and cleaning.
- You cannot put these in the washing machine, which is not great for anyone who is in a hurry.
This next car seat cover is great if you are looking for something that will give you and your truck seats near-perfect protection from dust and grime.
This comes with removable headrests, which you can be sure will give you everything that you need for flexibility and comfort.
You can get this whole set for both the front and the back of your seats. These are very resilient seats that will not fade even if you keep using them for many consecutive months.
This comes with plenty of style, merging classic and fashionable designs to fit in with newer and older models of F150.
This will also help you to protect the inside of your car from the hazards that can come with various pets, whether it is claw marks from your dog or shedding hairs from your cat.
These covers are very easy to fit on your car and will perfectly mold themselves to both the front and the back seats. This is great if you don’t want your seat covers bunching up, as this could cause some discomfort.
This is made from neoprene, which is one of the most breathable materials on the market. If you are going to be traveling across hot climates, you won’t want a seat that will make you clammy.
- Modern and retro – if you like the fusion of new and old, then you’ll definitely want this pair of stylish seat covers for your car.
- Full coverage for all of your seats – these seats come with a zip-together 3-piece back seat as well as a console cover, which is ideal for bundling your children into the car after a day out at the lake.
- Easy to clean – these car seats are easy to wipe down and clean, you’ll hardly need any cleaning products for this one.
- Protective for your car seats – this will not only protect your car seats against stains, but it will also reduce the damage done by burns and chemical spills.
- Expensive – these are some of the more pricey car seats on this list, which will not be great for anyone on a budget.
Next up, we have a tan seat cover that will give your car that quality retro feel without you having to pay through the nose.
If you are looking for something that is super easy to install over your car seats and will not require you to fiddle around with tools, then this is the one for you.
This is a great replacement if you are looking to trade out your old leather cover for a completely new one. This is a great seat cover for vintage-style cars.
This comes with a back seat, front seat and side seat cover, which is ideal for anyone wanting to overhaul the entire interiors of their car.
These seat covers will only take you around 30-45 minutes to replace entirely. This is amazing for anyone who loses patience with low-key car maintenance.
If you are worried about the rain and other weather damaging your seats, then you should try these seats, as they are completely waterproof.
You can easily clean these seat covers too. All you have to do is get a damp cloth with warm water and just wipe off all of those stains. You should avoid using chemical detergents on these seats, as they can ruin the quality of the leather.
These seat covers are handmade, which is great if you are looking for that bespoke, non-machine manufactured look. Plus, who doesn’t like a unique look on the inside of their car?
- Quality construction – if you are looking for some leather seats that will really give the inside that vintage feel, then you should certainly choose these covers.
- Rainproof – when it comes to repeated exposure to the rain, as a car sometimes is, then you’ll want a seat cover that will not wear or fade. This is that seat cover.
- Vintage style – if you have a newer car but you still prefer to have elements of vintage, then these tan seat covers will certainly take your seats back a few years.
- Comfortable – if you need seat covers that will keep you cushioned and supported on a long journey, then we would definitely recommend these ones.
- Can accumulate sweat – these seat covers can build up a lot of sweat, which can get quite uncomfortable on long-haul journeys.
When you are looking for new seat covers for your truck, then you’ll need to make sure that they conform to certain specifications – mainly if they are big enough to cover the seats of your truck in the first place!
However, there will also be numerous features that you’ll want to give you the most comfortable and easy-to-use seats.
Here are a few things that you should watch out for when shopping for a new seat cover:
How Durable Are They?
You’ll want to make sure that you have cover seats that are going to last.
The right type of material for your seats will obviously be something like leather or PVC, both of which are very durable and resistant to lots of elements like mud and rain.
Durable will also equate to longevity. The longer your car seats will last, the less money that you’ll have to fork out on new car seats every year.
How Easy Are They To Install?
Installing car seat covers is not that many people’s idea of a fun time.
So having car seats that will install quickly and efficiently will be ideal for anyone who wants that quick overhaul for their truck.
Most of the time, these truck seat covers can be installed fairly easily by just wrapping them around the top of your seats. Some of them can be easily hooked in with a simple strap or they fold up underneath your seat.
Are They Waterproof?
Trucks are made for all weather conditions, so it is important that you have car seats that will be able to absorb a lot of water and won’t fade or wear out over time.
Having waterproof seats will be essential if you are taking your boat out on the lake.
Also, if you are going to be loading up the car with wet children and pets, then having the right sort of seat covers will be essential for keeping your seats in pristine condition.
How Much Do They Cost?
The fact that you’ll be buying a few of these seats for your truck will mean that you’ll be shelling out a fair few dollars for them. It is important that you get seat covers that are a bargain but will not sacrifice quality for price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I have Seat Covers For My F150 Truck?
F150 trucks are popular for many activities – from fishing to boating to heavy-duty building work. These intense tasks will take out a lot on your truck, both inside and out.
So it will be inevitable that your truck seats will succumb to all sorts of trauma such as water damage or simple wear and tear.
Seat covers will help you to reduce this stress and keep your seats in better condition for much longer.
What Other Methods Are There For protecting My F150 Truck Seats?
You can always put some other heavy-duty materials over your seats to protect them.
We would recommend either leather or thick PVC, as this will be both comfortable and resilient.
It is important not to have anything that is too rigid, as this will make it uncomfortable for you and your passengers.
We hope our list of some of the best truck seat covers for the F150 will help you to decide which ones will suit your needs best.